Parks and Recreation FAQ's


Parks and Recreation FAQ's

I want to rent a City Park for a birthday party, what parks are available? What is the cost? How do reserve a park? Is alcohol permitted?

Teyechea Park (Behind City Hall) and Anza Park are nice places to have a family gathering. Parks are rented for $35.00 plus a $50.00 cleaning deposit. Reservations are made on a first come-first served basis. All park reservations are taken at the Recreation Center. State Law prohibits the drinking of alcohol in public parks without a permit. The City of Nogales has yet to establish a policy that establishes a permitting process.

Does the City have public tennis courts?

Yes, the City maintains tennis courts at two separate locations: Madison Tennis Courts located at 100 E. Madison (Next to War Memorial Stadium) and Anza Tennis Courts located at 1020 N. Kitchen St. (Directly west of the Cemetery).

How can I register for Parks and Recreation programs?

Presently, registration for all Parks and Recreation programs is taken at the Recreation Center.

Does the City have any public swimming pools?

Yes, the City operates and maintains two public swimming pools. One is located at the Recreation Center and the other is located on the campus of Wade Carpenter Middle School. Please call the Recreation Center office at (520)285-5782 for specific hours of operation.

Who/where can I call if I notice something needs to be fixed at a City park?

Please call the Recreation Center office at (520)285-5782.

I have a team and would like to know where I can practice, what do I do?

The City operates and maintains one baseball field, one little league field, two softball fields and one soccer/multi-purpose field. The use of these fields is mainly for league, program, and tournament play. Practice on these fields usually runs concurrent with each particular sport. Practice time may be reserved if the field(s) are available. Please call the Recreation Center office at (520)285-5782 for information related to field availability.