777 N. Grand Ave, Nogales, AZ, 85621 | 520-287-6571 | Contact Us |
As part of our ongoing effort to minimize the spread of COVID-19, the City of Nogales is closed to the public, except by appointment only. Call (520)287-6571 for more information on continued services.

Court FAQ's

On this page you'll find frequently asked questions and additional information about the following subjects pertaining to the City of Nogales Court.

Basic Information: Includes details about the Court Location, changing court dates, seeing a Judge, etc.

Administration: Includes information about records and jury duty

Bail Sanctions and Civil Fines: Details fine amounts including parking and traffic violations and additional information about court appearances, etc.

Collections: Questions about the Judicial Enforcement Unit (Collections) at the City of Nogales Municipal Court.

Court Basic Information

  • Can I make an online payment?

    Yes! Click on the link to take you to the online portal City Court Payments Page

  • Can I get an extension over the phone?

    No. The Nogales Municipal Court does not grant extensions of any kind over the phone. Please visit us at 777 N. Grand Ave, Nogales, AZ, 85621
  • Can someone come in to make a payment for me?

    Yes, they will need your name and date of birth.
  • Can I make a payment over the phone

    Yes. Please call 1-855-741-7787
  • What if I can't make it to the court on my court date?

    If you have a criminal case and you fail to appear, it may result in a warrant being issued for your arrest and incurring additional fees. If you have civil charges and fail to appear, your driving privileges may be suspended and you may incur additional fees. You may either file a written motion to continue a court date or come in during the courts&squot; walk-in hours.
  • Can I change my court date?

    Changes of court dates will not be handled over the phone. You may file a written motion to continue a court date or come in during the courts&squot; walk-in hours. See about scanning in motion to continue here.
  • When can I see a judge?

    Walk-in hours are between 8:30 - 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday excluding holidays. Warrants may be quashed Monday through Thursday during Walk-in hours.
  • What's an abstract?

    An abstract is the paperwork the court provides to the Motor Vehicle Department that lifts the request to suspend the driver’’s license. An abstract is produced when all sanctions/fines/fees are paid in full. Abstracts are valid only from the specific court that requested the hold to be placed on the driver’’s license. Nogales Municipal Court can only issue an abstract on cases filed in Nogales Municipal Court. You may obtain an abstract from the court to take to MVD for immediate clearance or the court will send an abstract to MVD through our normal course of business.
  • Where is the court located?

    777 N. Grand Avenue in Nogales, Arizona located 2 blocks South of the Highway 82 turnoff to Patagonia.
  • 1
  • 2


  • What do I need to do to have a record checked?

    Your request must be put into writing and there will be a research fee of $17.00 that will need to be paid before the court can begin the research (A.R.S. 22-404B). The court will then research the court documents/records for your request.
  • What do I do when I have been summoned for jury service?

    Follow the instructions that are on your summons form. You may also contact the Court Clerk/Jury Commissioner's Office at (520)285-5669
  • What if I am not available on my jury date?

    You may request one postponement of your service for up to 120 days. This can be done by calling the Court Clerk/Jury Commissioner's Office at (520)285-5669
  • How do I get excused from jury duty?

    Please call the Court Clerk/Jury Commissioner's Office at (520) 285-5669. Excuses are not granted on the basis of religion or moral beliefs, status or business proprietors, or profession. Excuses may be granted for those who do not read, write or understand English and for those who suffer from a severe physical or mental illness.
  • What if my employer does not permit me to be absent due to jury duty?

    The law states (A.R.S. Section 21-236) that an employer shall not refuse to permit an employee to take leave of absence from employment for the purpose of serving as a juror or dismiss an employee because of juror service. However, an employer is not required by law to pay employee's their regular salary or wage when on jury service. Please check you employer's policy.
  • Is the Nogales Municipal Court the same as the Justice Court

    No, we’re not the same. The Justice Court is located at 2160 North Congress Drive. Their phone number is (520)375-7761.
  • 1


  • What if I can't pay the day the fines/fees are imposed?

    After your court appearance you must go to JEU. You will be required to undergo a financial review process. You will need to complete the financial application and then go thru a screening process with one of the JEU representatives to discuss possible payment arrangements. Payment arrangements are not guaranteed. When payment arrangements are established there will be an additional $20 assessed for the time payment fee.
  • What if I do not pay in full or appear at JEU, the day the fines/fees are imposed?

    If you do not pay in full or appear at JEU the day the fines/fees are imposed the court may issue a warrant for you arrest on criminal charges and assess an additional $100.00 warrant fee. On civil charges, the court may send a default notification to MVD requesting suspension of your driving privileges for each violation and an additional $50.00 default fee will be assessed to each violation.
  • I am currently on a payment plan and now have new fines/fees to pay; will my scheduled payment be increased.

    It is possible that your payments may increase to accommodate the additional fines/fees assessed. The increase will be determined during the financial screening process with a JEU representative.
  • What if I am unable to make my scheduled payment?

    If you are unable to make you scheduled payment, you must appear at JEU no later than 5pm on your payment due date to request a financial review for a possible extension. You will be required to by complete a new financial application and undergo the financial review process. You must appear in person to request an extension on your payment arrangements. The court requires all defendants appear in court and sign all applicable documents.
  • I need an extension on my payment arranges. Am I required to complete the financial application again?

    Each time an extension is requested a new financial application must be completed but the requirement may be waived. This enables the court to understand what circumstances have changed since the last financial review and why the extension is being requested.
  • I am unable to make this month's payment. Can I double up on next month's payment to make up the missed payment?

    You must appear at JEU to complete a financial application and go thru the financial review process. In the event you skip a payment and do not work out an acceptable extension with the court, you run the risk of a warrant being issued for your arrest or having your driver’s license suspended.
  • I have a warrant for my arrest for failure to pay. Can I have my payment arrangement reset and have the warrant canceled?

    You must pay in full or appear in court before a Judge before the warrant is canceled.
  • I had my license suspended for failure to pay. Can I have my payment arrangement reset to have my license reinstated?

    You must pay in full or appear in court before a Judge to receive a clearance for your driver’s license suspension.
  • 1

City of Nogales

Nogales, AZ is a great little place to be and is where you’re among friends.

Mayor Arturo Garino

Contact Us

  Contact Forms
  777 N. Grand Ave
   Nogales, AZ, 85621

Keep in Touch