All verifiable residents of Santa Cruz County are eligible for a free library card. Those applying for a library card must have verification that they reside in the county of Santa Cruz, Arizona. The Mexican Consular Identification Card is valid identification for an adult or child.
- Documents with their printed address such as a utility bill or a driver’s license is acceptable.
- When a patron lives outside the county, but works in the county, the patron can obtain a library card, when they show proof that they work or own their own business here.
- If the patron does not reside in Santa Cruz County but is a temporary resident they may still obtain a card by placing a $25.00 donation.
- If the patron resides in Nogales, Sonora they must also pay $25.00; this is considered a donation.
- Library cards expire annually on the day issued; the clerk will automatically renew cards if there are no changes in patron’s information or make changes as advised by patron. Renewal also applies to non-residents who have made a donation to have a card.
- To replace a lost card, a $3.00 fee is charged.
Patrons are fully responsible for any materials left in the bookdrop,( Please do not LEAVE AUDIOS/DVDS IN THE BOOKDROP). Patron will pay for items should they become damaged as a result of leaving them in the bookdrop.
Handling of Materials not in the Nogales/Santa County Public Library System
When a patron returns materials of a library not in the Nogales/Santa County Public Library system, t that patron will be charged $10.00 for the processing fee. Materials will be mailed in the manner all InterLibrary Loan materials are mailed. In this case, no additional materials will be checked out from a Nogales/Santa County Public Library until these fees have been paid.
If you have any questions please call the Circulation Desk at (520) 285-5717
or the Help Desk at (520) 285-5712.