Step 1: Submit a Sign Permit Application
- Download and complete the Sign Permit Application
- Submit a completed Sign Permit Application in-person at the One Stop Shop
- An Arizona Licensed general contractor or Arizona-licensed sign contractor is required to install sign(s) for commercial properties.
- Arizona Revised Statues Section 9-835(D) requires an Administrative Review & Acceptance of applications at the One Stop prior to advancing to a Substantive Review.
- Sign Plan Review Fees are collected when the sign application is Administratively Accepted at the One Stop.
Step 2: Review
- Once the application is reviewed by City Staff, of the application has corrections, the applicant is notified by the One Stop to pick-up corrections. The applicant corrects the plans and then resubmits the revised plans at the One Stop.
- After the application is reviewed by City Staff, and if the application is approved, the applicant is notified by the One Stop to pick-up the approved plans and permits.
Step 3: Inspections
- City approved plans are to remain on the job site during constriction, and accessible for the City building inspector.
- After the installation of the sign(s), the applicant schedules an inspection through One Stop.
- A City building inspector visits the site to ensure the sign(s) are installed in compliance with the approved plans and codes.